Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vintage Spider Quilt

This piece is the size of the back of a rocking chair. I don't know if it was bigger at one time. I just love it!







TS Sept 2009 027

I joined in the Spider quilt Bee mainly because I am so awestruck by my aunt's vintage rocking chair cushion that her mother made.

TS Sept 2009 029This vintage piece is very different from the ones that I see on Flickr.



TS Sept 2009 028

I apologize that these photos are blurry but they are the only ones I have at this time.

TS Sept 2009 030

I really like how the red pops in this section.

TS Sept 2009 032

One of the best parts of this quilt is the dark thread hand quilting and how it shows on both sides of the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. what a great vintage piece~!~
    are you sure it's not a dolly quilt~!?!~

    ;-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete