Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January blocks for Anna

Here is the fabric Anna sent for her blocks.




This week I started the wedges for the Spiderweb Bee blocks for Anna.
The first fabric I found myself reaching for is the star fabric to the left.







Anna chose this fabric because it is from a current project she had just worked on.












A few of the blocks that are already posted in the group already have the Charlie Brown fabric in them.
I have currently been working on a Christmas Star quilt. Anna said in her note that came with the fabric that she did not want any of her scraps back.
I immediately added the green metallic tree fabric to my stars! It is so perfect!!!







Anna wants us to put our own fabrics in the blocks so she has a real scrappy feel to her quilt.


Here is the first completed wedge from a couple days ago. There are twelve of us in the Bee and each of us have picked a month. My month is March. By that time I hope I will have a better grasp of the whole project. I was nervous. I read and reread the tutorials. Anna sent the center fabric so there is consistency throughout the whole quilt.

This is just a rough shot as I go through the audition phase of pulling some of my fabric scraps that I think coordinate and tell a story. Above I have a red piece of music fabric from my nieces Red/Black musical quilt. Just below it is a swatch of cat fabric from a quilt I made for my best friend's (My older son's Godmother) daughter. I collected cat fabrics for about 3 years to go into a star quilt for Alicia. I gave the completed top to her for her graduation present from high school.












On one wedge I am putting both of these tree fabrics. The one to the left came from Anna and the one to the right I had in my stash.

Here are two more pieces of fabric with trees on them. They are both from Christmas fabrics.



Anna also said that she likes green!

Here is a better shot of the musical fabric and the cat fabric.

***It shouldn't take much longer for me to finish these blocks.


One of the nice things about Anna's blocks is she wanted them scrappy. I ***love*** scrappy quilts. The more fabrics the better. I have also noticed that I like a darker string to go around the outside of the WEB which is the 1st pieces that get sewn on next to the backing fabric you see in the center here. I have also been thinking that I may want a lot of stripe fabric. See the little snowman above. I was able to move the strip so that little guy sat more in the center. In this project it is not fussy cutting but fussy laying of the strip.
I have really enjoyed the start of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment