Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anna's Blocks completed

January's blocks are completed! I really enjoyed putting these together. I haven't completely decided on my own blocks....I have the month of March. In these you may be able to notice that I alternated red and green on the wedges. Anna asked that we not sew our blocks together so I would imagine these wedges will me mixed amongst the other 11 quilter's blocks.

My photos are dark. I took them outside after these shots to see if I could get a little better photo. Can you see how these wedges alternate the red and the green?

Outside shots...

my first block...
my second block.

I thought I could add a row each month to this coin quilt I started last year.
The bottom row is made using leftover scraps from the spiderweb blocks above.

I am challenging myself to use up all the scraps in a few of my ongoing scrap quilts. This one is a coin quilt that was popular on Flickr this past year.






Thanks Anna for letting us keep the leftovers from this project.

Tomorrow is the Martin Luther King Jr holiday so there is no postal service. I will do my best to get your blocks in the mail on Tuesday. I still have to pull the foundation paper off the back but that is the easy part.

No comments:

Post a Comment