Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Spiderweb Bee - It's my month!


I have two new great nieces since the beginning of the new year. Fionna Marion and Autumn Evangeline. I knew I was going with the dark brown kites. I wanted the sparkle in the spiderwebs and I think I have achieved that in this photo.

I have blogged on the Spiderweb Bee blog about the colors I am looking for. See here.

I put together a Spiderweb fabric gallery of one photo from each of the other 11 members in the Spiderweb Bee. I thought it would be fun to take a look at the quilts the members have made and select something in the color scheme I am working towards. Everyone had something!

I really have a lot of fun with the Gallery feature on Flickr.

It's been a busy two days. Monday was Cub Scouts and last night my Tuesday quilt group met. Tonight I went to the discussion area of the The Spider Bee group on Flickr and one member so far received her fabric packet from me today.



I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. It took quite a bit for me to shift gears from the citrus colors of February to my Earth tone colors for March. I thought spring is just around the corner here in Minnesota lets work with colors of the soil and the long awaited green grass...water...campfires...SPRING.
Along comes little baby Autumn and of course I can easily see the colors of Autumn in this quilt as well. You choose! Have fun! I did!!!
February is on the ironing board and March on the sewing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment